Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's all about me!

I like myself... a fair amount, no idea why I don’t spend more time with myself, well I guess I spend all my time with me, but I mean just me. No frisbee, sports, co-workers, friends, attending concerts or any of the random activities I get involved with. Australia made me learn how much I need ‘me time’ in order to feel well balanced. I think I have been getting pretty far away from that lately, with all my activity. This weekend with my work photo shoot getting cancelled at the last minute and because I had to drop out of the frisbee tournament I got a weekend (bulk of Sat/Sun) to myself... so delightful!

I slept in for the first time in months (I think I made it to just after 10am), went to Granville Island to do my shopping, had a coffee by the water, went home watched hockey (I have somehow started to follow the Canucks...I think it’s contagious), had a glass of wine while I baked a ricotta and feta spinach dish and then watched a movie. For the amount of rent I pay you would think I would spend more time actually in my apartment. It was such a nice weekend. I love all of the activity I do but this is the first time I felt like I actually rested on the weekend. Perfect timing as the firsbee summer league starts this week... go go go!

No comments: