Wednesday, December 16, 2009

“On the road I dream of home and when at home I dream of action” –The Zolas

I seem to have hit a brick wall… what some would consider ‘back to reality’, ‘real life’ and maybe some would even consider it ‘growing up’ (however I fully disagree with this last one, I have MANY years before this will be required). It isn’t such a bad thing, just more of a transition. My adventure is over, I am employed, have responsibilities, expectations and will soon commit to long term bills i.e. A lease. I don’t feel I prepared myself for this step in life (we’ll ignore that it is my second time around).

I think I am so used to there being something exciting just around the corner that I have become dependent on this feeling. I like the instability that the last year and a half has provided, not knowing what will happen next, not thinking about things too much, letting go of the expectations I had set up for myself. I am sure in this phase of life I will carry many of these things with me, but it will be an interesting balance.

Luckily my new job at UBC appears as though I will have a good work/life balance. Come the New Year, I will go back to playing Frisbee a couple of days a week. I am greatly looking forward to the purchase of a bike (bicycle, not motorcycle) as a form of transportation. But the big ‘adventure’ is settling in… less exciting. I look forward to all of the people I will meet, things I will get involved with but it is too intangible to grasp. I guess I have to adjust to ‘reality’…sigh.

YOGA UPDATE

I have no idea how I neglected to update my blog post challenge, well I completed it! Then I weighed myself, after not weighing myself for the entire month, I gained 6 lbs…. go me. While maybe this should be upsetting, I thought it was kinda funny. I will lose it again, I am more flexible and overall I am happy that I completed the challenge. Were there any life changing experiences, no. Will I continue with the yoga? On occasion. There was a point where I decided that I hated yoga and thought it might actually break me. Once I know where I am going to live I will reevaluate if I will get a membership, for now it is swimming, Frisbee and whatever other activities come up will do. I am avoiding commitments for the moment until I have a better idea of my work life, social life and determining if I have already peaked with my Frisbee skill (which would be entirely sad but quite possible).

No comments: