Friday, November 6, 2009

Focus on the skinny jeans

Day 5: YHot
Definition: The room is heated to approximately 40ºC to facilitate safe, deep stretching, a detoxifying sweat and healthy glow. Sequencing is unique to each studio. All levels.

At the beginning of class the instructor tells you to find some kind of inspiration, to set a goal, find something that you will think of whenever you need to push yourself to continue. I would like to say that I have some really intriguing depth and I think of becoming an more enlightened being or finding my place in the world, or some other rather epic and totally unobtainable image but that simply isn’t the case. During today’s class (and I feel may become my reoccurring inspiration) my goal/image/ideal was thinking of my new skinny jeans and how much better I would look in them if I dropped a couple of lbs. In my defense I did purchase them to wear with long shirts and boots but it would be rather fun to be someone that was proportioned just a little differently.

While I enjoy hot yoga I don’t think it is one of my favorites. I don’t particularly enjoy the smell of the classroom, the squeaky noise my feet made today on the mat (they ran out of mat towels), the overwhelming warmth and generally the instructors are a little more out there. Today’s instructor was actually one of my favorite so far, she appeared to be totally balanced and normal. I think one of the reasons I notice this so much is because several people have informed me that hot yoga makes people go crazy… and really I would like to not do that.

No comments: