Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tickets, tickets everywhere!

Tickets tickets everywhere,
tickets tickets by the pair,
tickets tickets on my bill,
tickets tickets get my fill.

Apparently delays in flights aren't good for my blog posting abilities.

This last month has been one of those times that I am super happy to live in Vancouver. A couple of weeks ago I got to go see Dan Mangan and Wintersleep in the same week. It's a hard life, but someone has to live it. I love them both. However Dan Mangan was the highlight of that week. It was my first time seeing him and I have seen Wintersleep several times but he really blew me out of the water. I had high expectations and he lived up to them and more. He would be in my top five concert tickets purchase recommendations.

This Friday I am going to see Jason Collett, someone that I have enjoyed for years. He brings me back to my first job post university traveling around Canada as a recruiter. That was when I first purchased one of his CD's. I love how a band/CD/song can bring you right back to a moment.

Another concert that I recently bought tickets to is Pete Yorn... I figure why not go see him again. However that concert isn't for a while.

And in exciting news the most recent band that announced a date in Vancouver is The Weakerthans. They are playing at my favorite venue, the Biltmore. It is the perfect size, small enough that you can see them from anywhere, red carpet, serves cider and amazing bands that should be playing in much bigger venues. Makes my heart smile.

Oh to have limitlessness money and time...

No comments: