Monday, January 25, 2010

Christmas in January

Just returned from a weekend in Toronto with the fam. It was really cool that we got to have a fake Christmas half way across the country for all of us. Since it wasn’t in Newfoundland there were less distractions and more quality time. I did still end up going out for pints with a couple of my friends form university. My aunt even made us a turkey! Yeah turkey!

I feel like I had a surprisingly cultural weekend in Toronto... normally my trips there are a bit more pints and shopping focused. We went to the King Tut exhibit at the Art Gallery of Ontario and saw Jersey Boys the musical. Not overly cultural, but what do you expect for four days.

My parents and I did the most in-depth IKEA visit ever, much to the annoyance of my brothers. However I now have an exceptionally detailed list of the items I would like to purchase. I have things categorized into basics and eventually purchases. I am getting pretty excited, in my very geeky way.
Tonight I move into the new place... fortunately I have Krista to help me move things over. I think it will only take a car load or so...but I have collected a ridiculous quantity of things for only two and a half months. Might be time to purge my belongings again...

(forgot to post this last week)

No comments: