Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Food obsession!!

Since I am mildly obsessed with food I have decided that on occasion, if I have found something that I enjoy I will post the recipe. I am trying to make more of an effort to make proper meals and pack them up for a couple of days. Chances are things that I make are pretty easy, quick and if they made this blog hopefully delicious!

Today I made Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes

Enough Spaghetti for 2 (I obviously did not feel the need to make a family portion)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 clove garlic, crushed but not minced
1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
4 ounces small mozzarella balls (bocconcini) cut in half
salt

Cook spaghetti in pot of salted water until cooked (10 min? I used gluten free pasta). Mix oil, chili, oregano and garlic together and fry for a couple of min, until garlic appears cooked. Add tomatoes for about 3 min.

Drain pasta, mix in oil/tomato mixture. Season with salt. Add mozzarella balls, mix. Serve! Serves 2.

Pretty much a 20 minute meal. The mozzarella balls are pretty substantial and protein packed so I am pretty stuffed right now. I’m saving the left over’s for lunch and I have a feeling that with the chili it might taste even better tomorrow.

Clearly I am becoming an old person.

No comments: