Monday, January 25, 2010

Home sweet home

I have finally moved everything over and am slowly unpacking boxes, taking trips down memory lane (with all of the random things I received in my NL boxes) and wondering how I have collected so much stuff. I also currently don’t own any furniture so I am essentially taking things out of boxes and putting them in piles. It only seems to be getting messier in my apartment...
I have purchased a ridiculous quantity of things, none of them exciting. It gets a little old when everything you purchase is because you have to and not because you are excited about it. I spent $300 at Canadian Tire the other day on pots and pans, a toaster, a kettle, cleaning supplies... please tell me how anyone could get excited about this?!?

I was however, excited about finally having some furniture. As delightful as my air mattress is, it will be nice to have a real bed that is mine! Sadly the trip to IKEA was in vain, because they can only ship within three days of a purchase, and I need to confirm the elevator key with the building manager in order to move... so I have to return to IKEA (super out of the way as all IKEA’s are) and purchase my things on Thursday or Friday so they can deliver on Saturday.

I am just getting basics from there, bedroom furniture, end tables and a TV stand/bookshelf. I don’t want the room to be too IKEA. The plan for the living room is red/black/gray. I attached the original storyboard for colours; however the brown shelving unit is out. It’ll be a work in progress over the next couple of months. I think the most challenging part will be finding a couch that I am happy with and within my price range. I am willing to sit on pillows until I find something I’m happy with. I also attached a couple of photos of the new place so you can see the before. It’s small but I’m excited about it!





No comments: