Monday, January 4, 2010

Year in Review…

I feel like I should take a moment to capture my year in one set of bullet points for when I get old and senile and reread my blog to remind myself that I had a life. Alternatively, I can reread it if this year gets particularly boring to kick my butt into gear to make this one interesting.

Run down of last year:
• Went to New Zealand with Mom and Sherry, saw most of the country…went bundgy jumping
• Move to Melbourne, played heaps of Frisbee, lived with some awesome people, had an international job in marketing, went to see a bunch of concerts and re-sprained my ankle walking to a washroom (toilets in Australia)
• Learned about how Australians don’t date
• Was a Honey!! (Frisbee team I played with in Melbourne)
• Went to Perth, Tasmania, Brisbane, LA and visited Vancouver pre deciding to move here
• Went home to Newfoundland for a month, was depressed, then got used to it, then didn’t want to leave, but left anyway (good decision overall, I can always go back). Saw my family and friends!!
• Moved to Vancouver, found an excellent job, met some people, reconnected with old friends and ate chicken feet with Annie’s family in Richmond

Overall I am pretty happy with how last year went. I think it’ll be a hard year to compete with. There are a couple of things I would like to do this year:
• Learn how to snowboard
• Go camping, preferably not get attacked by a bear or cougar
• Enjoy living in the city where the Olympic games are being held
• Get back into good shape…
• Start to bike to work

Clearly I will need to come up with some additional exciting endeavors in order to compare with last year, but I do expect this year to be a pretty chilled out.

No comments: