Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Found a place!

Heritage just means old at least from what I have experienced. I have huge issues with getting beyond all of the junk people collect and seeing myself living somewhere. It doesnt help when the place is a dump to begin with. I love heritage, classic architecture, but that totally isnt what I viewed. Ideally I would want to live in kits, for the cute cafe culture, beach and overall feel. But I dont really want to live in an older place and I wanted to have a place by the 15th so I decided on the West End. I am also just across the bridge from Kits so its a livable compromise.

I am exceptionally happy with the apartment I did get. It is on the 12th floor, view into the city, two blocks from the beach, giant hot tub and sauna in the building, bike storage and a new fridge and stove. The place is really clean and I could possibly see myself there for a while, so it has all of the things I am looking for! Woot! I move in on the 18th/19th when I get home from Toronto weird I think that is the first time I called Vancouver home.

Having a place that is going to be mine makes me think a little differently about stuff. I feel a little more settled, even though the next couple of weeks are going to be total madness. My mind is running crazy with ways I could decoratewhen really I should focus on basic need. Going to be a fun couple of months.

It also looks like all things are a go for volunteering at the Olympic hockey games I will know in a week or so what my schedule is like and how many games Ill get to work.

1 comment:

Carlos... said...

Here's the deal.... You get me an official hockey puck from any Olympic Hockey game ( nice if canada was playing) and I'll mail you a goodie package from St.John's..... DEAL ????? Challenge is on.........